Sunday, November 30, 2008

League Win/The Jerusalem Experience


This week was exciting and featured some things that I have not done before.  First, we won our sixth league game to rise to 4-2 in the league.  Our game was against Nahariya who is expected to compete with us for a position in the Israeli final 4.  Because of this, the game was especially big.  We started out very slow and were fortunate to have one of our big men, Brooks Sales, basically carry us for the first few minutes.  After our team finally woke up, we were still having trouble and went into the half down 9 points.  We knew that a big second half would be needed but things were not looking good when on the first possession of the 3rd quarter one of their guards had a nasty tip dunk over a few of our players.  This might have woken us up because our team went on a serious run and took control of the game from that point on.  Our defense clamped down and held them to 21 second half points.  I played pretty well for the 4 minutes the coach gave me.  I had a rebound, a tip steal that started a break and contested shots.  It was a very good win for our team and set us back on the right track.  
Another fun thing I got to do was travel to Jerusalem with my parents.  We went on a small tour called the Jerusalem experience.  All together, there were 4 tourists and 1 guide so it was a very personal tour.  We visited Western Wall, The Church of the Holy Sepulcher, the arab shops, the Via Dolorosa (the final walk Jesus had with the cross), the Jewish Quarter, the Muslim Quarter, the cistern where parts of the cross were found, saw the Dome of the Rock (not allowed to go in), and the Ethiopian Monastery.  It was very interesting to see all of these holy sites even though I am not religious.  There was a certain vibe that you could feel while approaching some of these historic monuments.  It was also a trip that I would not have made by myself.  I was glad to have the opportunity to share it with my parents as they are going home tomorrow.  This will be an easier departure though because I will be traveling back to the states in only a couple of weeks now.  It was a fun week hitting some spots that I would have not seen on my own.  I've got another hard week of practice so we can keep winning games..

2 comments:

Caleb Kimbrough said...

You missed your calling as a model man!

Tony said...

dude, I'm not a religious person either, but I'd love to be able to take a trip through all those religious sites.

I memed you on my page - check it out http://www.lifewithtony.net you can do it or not, either way it's all good.

Take care man.