Friday, November 21, 2008

Cup Win

Last night, we played Galil in a rematch game.  This time, instead of playing in a regular league game, we played them in the Israeli cup (a tournament with all of the teams in Israel).  The game didn't start off very well for us.  We did not have the proper energy and the game was not going in our direction.  After a poor first half, Galil pushed the lead to around 15 points about mid way through the 3rd quarter.  At this point, things were not looking very good for our chances of winning the game.  Finally, our team woke up and went on a run that seemed to last only a few minutes.  I looked back up at the scoreboard and we were tied.  The whole 4th quarter was very close and we got some bounces and well timed misses by their team.  At the end, we won by 2 points.  Very close game.  As for me, the coach played me for about 3 minutes in the first half.  I had 1 rebound, 1 block, 1 assist and no shot attempts in my time on the floor.  It was fun to get on the floor but I still wish I could have stayed on the court a little longer.  Great win for our team.  

As for some off the court things..
My parents are coming to Israel tomorrow!  I am waking up tomorrow morning to pick up Steve and my mom from the airport in Tel Aviv.  They will be staying with me for a week and two days.  It is a great week to visit because they will get to see 2 very good games as well as share some good meals with me.  I also learned some other great news from our coach today at the morning practice.  He said we will be getting to stay home for christmas!  this is a big deal because we did not know whether or not we were going to be allowed to stay home for the holiday.  This makes me very happy and I am looking forward to it.  I have to keep working here though because we have Jerusalem coming into Haifa in 2 days...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you guys won. It will be good to see mom and Steve. Now I can plan to just be home for Christmas which will be easier for my schedule. It sounds like you had good intensity for your minutes last game. Keep it up and play hard and you will get more minutes. Enjoy the food and have fun!