Sunday, November 2, 2008

2-0


Since my last post we have played two games and won two games in the league.  The first game was last sunday.  It was an away game against Ironi Ramat-Gan.  It was a relatively easy win for our team.  We were down by about 8 or 9 in the first half before taking the lead and not looking back the rest of the game.  For me, this particular game was uneventful because I got no playing time.  This was the first time that I had not played in a game in a very long time.  After the game, the coach told me to keep my head up, work hard, and wait for an opportunity.  The whole week in practice afterwards I had that thought in my mind.  I just wanted more than anything to get in the game and help contribute to the game.  
Anyways, it turned out I would get my chance in our next away game at Maccabi Rishon LeZion.  The coach gave me minutes in every quarter.  This was very exciting for me.  It was a really fun experience to be in a game with fans from our team and the opposing team both screaming at the top of their lungs.  I ended up with a total of 15 minutes in this game.  I also had my first career point in the first division of Israel.  It turns out I will have to stay on my first though until my next opportunity.  I didn't have a "stat stuffer" kind of night but thats fine with me.  I feel as though I played solid defense, had no turnovers, always boxed out, and ran the floor hard.  Everything else will come.  It was a great feeling to get on the floor and show the coach he could count on me when the other big guys needed a break.  We ended up winning by 20+.  Our next game will be our home opener against Hapoel Holon.  Hopefully the fans in Haifa will notice our 2-0 start and come out in full.  It should be an exciting game and I look forward to this week for our preparation for this game.  
One thing that I missed out on this week was Halloween.  In Israel, Halloween is not celebrated like it is in the US.  I saw no people dressed in costumes, no trick-or-treaters, and nothing resembling the holiday in the stores.  It was a little different for me because I usually eat tons of candy on Halloween.  This had to have been the first year in the history of my life where not a piece of candy was eaten by me.  Not a huge deal, I guess there is a first for everything.  I want to send a shoutout to Uri Sagi and I hope to have a good week..

3 comments:

redbud said...

Congrats on the win and getting playing time! Can't wait to see the internet TV showing. Sounds like you all had fun.

Tony said...

hey Ben, been on vacation so I just got to read your post - sounds like it was great for you. I can't imagine what it must be like to have all those people screaming for you while you're out there playing - it has to be a good feeling. Take care man and good luck with everything

Unknown said...

Keep up the good work. I'm glad to hear you got some playing time. I hope things continue to get better for you. As long as you work hard and never give up the skies the limit.