Sunday, November 16, 2008

First Loss

Last night, we had our first loss in the league.  We had an away game at Galil which is about an hour away from Haifa.  They brought out a full house and for the first time this season, we were missing our large section of "green apes" to cheer us on and wave our flags.  This may have had something to do with the outcome but either way we didn't play our best.  Galil was torching us off the dribble and through constant pick and rolls.  On the other end, they were really getting us out of what we wanted to do.  They were packing the inside and our outside shots were not falling with consistency.  Even with all of this, we still held a 5 point lead with about a minute and half remaining.  From this point, everything that had to go wrong for us to lose went wrong.  They tied the game in regulation and then proceeded to beat us in overtime.  It was an especially tough game to lose because the coach did not give me any minutes.  I really felt I could have given our team a boost especially with all the heavy minutes the other bigs played.  For whatever reason though I didn't get in and had to watch the loss.  Not an easy night.  Good thing for us we get them at home this thursday in a cup game.  We should get them back.  

In some more positive news, my parents will be coming to see me this saturday.  They will be staying for a week including Thanksgiving.  This is not a holiday that people celebrate in Israel obviously but we will still celebrate it by cooking a nice dinner.  I am looking forward to this and hopefully we can have a good visit.  

5 comments:

Caleb Kimbrough said...

Keep your head up with the playing time man, it will come! I went to go see Guilford play Davidson the other night and we were only down 12 at half with Curry dropping 20 and Clay with 19. However, they killed it in the second and won. Everyone was asking about you man...

redbud said...

I guess Haifa isn't the only one hungry for basketball. Good opportunity for the team to refocus and use the assets they have (this means you!)

Unknown said...

Yeah I know it's hard to watch the game when you know you could have helped. I'm glad that your hungry (For both mom's food and playing time). Use that hunger to drive yourself to work harder on improving yourself and when you do get time you'll be ready. "Anything is possible" right. Anyways I'm glad you'll be seeing mom and steve. Good Luck. Giigawabamen.

Tony said...

I'm sure it has to suck to have to watch the game and not play, but I'm sure you'll get more playing time as you prove yourself.

Family is always good to have around especially during the holidays. I'm sure you guys will have a great Thanksgiving dinner

Lee Beacham said...

Keep on Keeping on good luck tomorrow man.