Thursday, January 15, 2009

Another League Win


This past Monday, we won our first league game back from the break.  We played Ashkelon, a team who has the potential to be dangerous, and won relatively easy.  The game was back and forth during the first half.  During the second we opened up our lead a little more and pretty much controlled the game the rest of the way out.  We ended up winning the game by 11 points.  I played very small minutes at the end of each quarter and finished with a rebound and 0-1 on shots.  Any win is a good win in this league and it put us in a tie for 2nd place.   We are playing the team we are tied with this coming Sunday in a huge game for us.  Maccabi Tel Aviv is the New York Yankees of our league.  They have the largest pay roll and they are usually the winners of the league.  Carlos Arroyo, an NBA player last season, is their starting point guard.   It will be a big test for us to see how we do against the very best in our league.  

Off the court, I had a very nice week.  It was great to spend some quality time with my girlfriend Kelly before having to see her go the night after we played Ashkelon.  It was a fun vacation with her here and I was sad to see her leave.  I love having visitors from the states here in Israel.  It makes me feel like I am home.   Another small issue that has come up is somebody has made a fake facebook profile of me and has been requesting people that I know and people that I don't know to be their friend.  It is kind of annoying because I don't know what they are saying to these people and the people they are talking to think that it is me.  The messages that I have sent this person have been ignored so I'm not really sure what else to do.  Hopefully they will just get bored with their little prank and delete the profile.  Anyways, besides that all else is well.  Looking forward to warm weather and the upcoming games.  

1 comment:

Tony said...

did you get my facebook message or was that the fake Ben Strong?

oh yeah - congratulations on the win.