Saturday, October 18, 2008

A feeling of home..


This week was filled with many emotional highs and lows.  First lets talk about the high's.  As I mentioned in an earlier blog, my long time friend Caleb Kimbrough and girlfriend would be making visits to Israel this week.  The visits were amazing.  Kelly and I drove down to Tel Aviv to pick Caleb and two teammates up and bring them to Haifa for a night.  It was such an amazing feeling to have two people who are so close to you in the car with you half way across the world.  I felt like I was on top of the world in that car ride..  who wouldn't?  After a night in Haifa I drove Caleb and his teammates back to Tel Aviv the next day so they could play against the Globetrotters.  Kelly and I continued to have a great week.  I felt like I was on vacation and not working with her there.  We went to all the "tourist" spots in Haifa and even went on a suspended cable car ride over part of the city.  Sadly, all vacations have to come to an end.  This is where my emotional lows came in.  After being so happy with these people here, I was equally as upset when they had to leave.  Thats just what happens when people you are close to you have to leave..  I can't dwell on the negative feelings though and focus on the positive.  Nobody can be ever satisfied if they always want more.  Take whats given and be grateful.  Easier said than done.  

Now on to a little basketball..  We had two scrimmages this week and both of them were won by us.  We played the same team both games and had better success the first game.  we won by about 20.  the second game we snuck by with about a 7 or 8 point win.  Still, we look to have a very strong team.  My playing time varied between the two games.  I had many more minutes in the first game than in the second.  Don't really know the reason but what else can I do besides keep playing and trying my hardest.  This coming week should be a good test to see where we're at as a team.  Real gamest start soon and our first league game is in about a week.  These are the games that really matter and I think our team is up to the challenge..    

3 comments:

redbud said...

Enjoyed your post. Keep the positive attitude and trying your hardest, and you can't lose, either on or off the court. Check out the promo video at trianglefs.com. GO HAIFA!
ps Who are the other 2 guys in the photo (besides you, C and K)?

Unknown said...

Keep it up. I'm sure things will get easier as you get used to your new home.

Jose said...

Wish I could have been there man. We'll have to plan a trip real soon.
Keep trucking man, people are pulling for you here.